Today N and I went to the library and then to get some lunch. As we walking into the restaurant, he pointed out that we were walking beside a hoarder car. Wow, it was full, only space for the driver to sit.

When we went in I immediately starting looking to see who might belong to the car. There were only a few customers who appeared to be alone. A guy in the far corner, a lady eating alone and maybe another guy. Hmmm....then they opened another register and I looked at the lady who was already in line and thought, um hum, that's her. She was dressed reasonably well, looked clean and didn't smell. But you could tell. She was already trying to order when we went in and we ordered, waited, got our food and sat down and started to eat and she was still at the counter doing her order. The counter lady was patient and seemed to handle it okay, even when she went back over to the order register and had more conversation. Finally she got her bag of food and came and sat right behind me and started immediately with a hacking cough! Soon that settled down. We didn't get to see her get in the car as she went back to the counter another time and started a conversation with the man at the booth behind her. Many people coming past the car coming into the building noticed the condition of it and when they got in the restaurant they looked around trying to figure who might go with the car.
I think I've watched most of the hoarder shows and it really makes one stop and think about the items we keep..
There are times when I feel somewhat sorry for the people as many of them have suffered some major trauma in their lives. I hate it when they have animals living in the situation. Some of them just do not want to give up any of their "stuff", giving up their family for it and continue living in filth. Hard to understand, but it's an illness and they definitely need help.
No comments:
Post a Comment