Ellie's back is back to normal :-) and she is doing well.
A's visit was much fun and we did lots of things including geocaching.
We took Sophie yesterday afternoon to have her blood sugar checked. It was in the acceptable range and that's one month down off of the six we have to wait with stable blood sugar before we can take her to a vet regarding cataract surgery. He will check to see if she has any sight behind the cataracts and maybe do surgery on only one eye. Her eyes are still reacting when they shine a light to check, so there is just the smallest, tiny little possibility that something can be done to give her just a little bit of sight. That would be the most wonderful thing and is what I am praying will happen for her. I guess there is nothing to do but give shots, feed her the proper diet and wait.
This morning when I went out with Sophie and Zippy to walk around the yard she apparently smelled a squirrel or something and went blazing out like she could see. First off she fell on the steps and ran into about 5 trees (which is unusual, except she was going so fast) in the first 30 seconds while I was trying to put on my shoes and yelling, stop, wait, careful... Sometimes it makes me look at all three of them like they can't see and I'm wanting to say to Zippy, wait, stop when he comes close to something. Oy!
We bought a new camera over the weekend and I tried it out. I looked at the pics on the tv but haven't downloaded them yet. We tried 2 on the internal memory first and downloaded them straight to my pictures just using the USB cord and not putting crazy software on the computer. Yay!
I pulled up some small bushes and little sweet gum trees with the quad yesterday and hauled that out back. I have a bundle of branches started and I need to tie it up for garbage pick up. I also need to spray the season long (ha!) weedkiller by the stepping stones, etc. It's a beautiful day and the temperature is just perfect for doing things like this. I just have to get up and get going and this isn't getting it done.
4 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment