Last night we could tell that Sophie is totally blind. Apparently she had just the tiniest indication of light earlier in the day, but not now. This morning I took her out on a leash so I could keep her from running into trees and bushes. Then I noticed that her left eye was totally closed and was running. I put warm, wet compresses on it, N. called the vet and we took her in. They checked to see if she had a scratch on her eye, but no. It is probably some kind of infection, could have been caused from ever having a tick on her and then with her resistance low it could take hold. The vet said she was keeping it closed because it probably hurt. They did blood work and she will go in tomorrow instead of Mon. for the insulin test and they will decided which antib. to give her for the eye problem. We are doing eye drops every 2-3 hrs. That seems to have helped and she is keeping her eye open. She weighed 16.4 -- lost .4 from Tues. She doesn't seem uncomfortable and I am working to try to make things a little more cushioned around the house such as wrapping the bar stool metal bases with towels. N. & I hit our elbows on the top of them and we can see.
:-(
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment