Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sophie is blind now.........

My heart breaks and I cry for little Sophie. We took her back to the vet yesterday and they said that yes she is blind and it is irreversible. Her blood count is still high and she goes back Monday for them to test and readjust the insulin. The vet mentioned more things watch for and "quality of life". She did gain back a pound and he said that is a positive thing.

She seems to be dealing with it better than I am. In the house it is familiar and she gets around okay and in the yard we walk with her to warn her about trees, and whatever she might walk into. I'm so sad to know I'll never see her sitting in the window looking out at the world and waiting to bark at something there or looking into my eyes and seeing me or running after squirrels in the yard. (I saw her running around last Thurs or Fri. and now this) This morning she was on the porch and heard something and instinctively started to run and bumped into the corner of the porch before I could do anything.

:-( I cry and cry.......

No comments:

Post a Comment