Friday, January 29, 2010

Miss Sophie's eyesight

After a couple of phone calls to the eye specialist's office regarding cost (around $5,000 plus and multiple trips to N.O.), I'm guessing that Sophie's cataracts might stay. :-( I was so hoping to do something for her to get her at least some sight in even one eye. However, I haven't given up hope yet. I still can picture her seeing again. Maybe my picture is skewed, out of focus and wrong, but I can see it. I want that for her! It breaks my heart when she walks into the door casings or gets so excited about eating and is running into things in her hurry to get to her food even with us trying to slow her down and protect her. There is lots of bubble wrap in use here on door frames, bottom of table legs, bar stools, etc., etc.

Otherwise though, she is doing well and her weight is good. It seems that the dosage of insulin is now correct for her and with her prescription diet food she is stable. I'm now giving her the morning shot of insulin and doing okay with that. She went to the groomer on Saturday and looks cute, shiny and rocks her new haircut. She is dealing with all this very well--probably a lot better than I am. She is a good-natured sweetie.

Here she is on the back porch with Ellie and Zippy

No comments:

Post a Comment