4 days ago
Thursday, July 30, 2009
And again the hawk.....
This morning Zippy and I had only been out a minute and were walking down the driveway (rake in hand like a servant following the Maharajah with a fan) when the hawk flew over our heads. He was a little higher this time (maybe 30 or 40 feet) and landed in the very top of a pine tree by the house and sat there screeching at us. We walked on and he was no longer visible to me , as my shift in direction caused the branches to block him from view, but I could still hear him for quite a while. That's why we could not see him the other day when he was in the trees across the driveway. In the dead trees he sticks out like a sore thumb, but the pine branches give him cover and he can just wait there. Most of the time he is not quiet, however I must ALWAYS be alert......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment