Saturday, May 16, 2009

Recent visitor

When I went out with Sophie & Zippy Wednesday morning we had a visitor by the stepping stones. Of course the dogs were interested and sniffing around but they didn't bother him. I snapped a picture when Zippy was close to him but the camera flashed, the turtle moved and when I looked at the picture it was just the turtle. Zippy was so fast, that he was there when I pressed the button for the picture and was totally gone just that fast. So, his name fits him perfectly. ;-)



Sophie didn't blaze out of the frame and was fascinated by the little guy. We have seen a turtle in the yard several times in the last few years and I suspect it is this guy. The fencing and gates for the 2.5 acres that are fenced for the dogs doesn't have an opening tall enough for his shell to fit through. There is plenty of underbrush and places for him to go so he is safe here in the yard with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment